Sunday, January 23, 2005

Gerald

Gerald

The alarm awoke me at my appointed time. I set my alarm for 9:23 A.M.. I prefer to arise after the rush hour is long over because my work is best done while there are not the crowds that pack the subway. I arose and clad myself in my bath garments and went outside the door to get the paper. I get the post delivered every morning. I prefer not to read it. I put it in the stack. 2004 is nearly over so the stack for it nears completion. Then it can be bound by month with 6 strings for each direction and stacked in the year area. January is a big time and my work is plentiful then.

With the paper stacked I gather my things into the bathing bucket and walk down the hall to the communal bathroom. The bathing bucket is divided and segmented. Each compartment contains the necessary elements for the appropriate bath operation. At 9:36 A.M. I enter the bath arena. Huxley has just finished. He has no interest in time. He is always late. Huxley must be kept to schedule or he will interfere with my work. Huxley is supposed to have finished by 9:25 A.M. and be out of the bathroom by 9:30 A.M. I allow 6 minutes for the steam to dissipate and then enter to begin the bath operation. Huxley’s steam will befoul the operation. I almost decide to return to my room and remain for the rest of the day due to this set back.

“You afford me no favors, Huxley!”

“You can fuckin’ blow yourself. Fuckin Nutjob!”

“You language is unacceptable, Huxley! Please refrain from blue language during the bathing operation.”

“Cock off!”

With that ungrammatical and yet foul epithet Huxley departed the bathroom.

The bathing operation will not be discussed here within this document due to the personal nature of what is contained within it. I closed and locked the door to the bathroom and began the ritual.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lunchbox Willy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Lunchbox Willy said...

I abhor such language in literature. It is a sign of a low mind. You sir, should be ashamed. With such a beautiful writing style, how can you demean yourself by utilizing profanity where elevated discourse would serve the same purpose? You unfolded an absolutely lovely tale of bathing rituals right before our eyes, and then you fucked it up.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home